Little is known as to how people with Dyslexia and Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) respond to mental health services.
The Mental Health Foundation is conducting a study to help teachers, educational psychologists, speech therapists and GPs better understand the mental health of someone with SpLD.
Pam and Fran are very pleased to support Andrea and the team and the Mental Health Foundation at these valuable and much-needed events. Help them make a difference! Please support and share so they can collect as much information from people as possible, and inform their lottery bid with real voices and experience.
Download a copy of the Mental Health Foundation Self-management flyer
The first step in this study is to talk to people about the barriers of developing communications skills:
- People with SpLD: Dyspraxia, Development Co-ordination Disorder, Dyscalculia Attention Deficit (Hypersensitivity) Disorder
- Friends and family of those with SpLD
- Carers, support workers, and other health professionals who help people with SpLD
Do you have something to say?
We will be hosting four ‘Meet Ups’ in four North Wales locations to interview project participants and invite you to complete a short questionnaire.
- Conwy: 12.02.15 10am-2pm Conwy Business Park, Llandudno Junction
- Wrexham: 22.01.15 10am-2pm Alyn Waters Country Park, Mold Rd
- Flintshire: 23.01.15 10am-2pm Beaufort Park Hotel, New Brighton Mold
- Denbighshire: 09.02.15 1pm-3pm Wellington Rd Community Centre, Wellington Rd Rhyl
Travel costs will be covered and refreshments will be provided.